The mission of New York City Brownfield Partnership is to provide leadership to the brownfield community throughout New York City by:
1. Serving as a primary resource for information on brownfields and brownfields redevelopment in New York City.
2. Advancing public awareness and understanding of benefits, opportunities, and best practices of brownfield redevelopment.
3. Promoting excellence in brownfield redevelopment by honoring successful brownfield projects.
4. Supporting the education and training of brownfield professionals, workers, and students.
5. Fostering collaborative relationships among brownfield developers, property owners, government agencies, and community groups.
The Big Apple Brownfield Awards promote excellence in brownfield redevelopment by honoring successful brownfield projects in New York City. Each year the NYC Brownfield Partnership formally recognizes successful NYC brownfield clean-up and redevelopment projects at the Big Apple Brownfield Awards.
Named in honor of an avid environmentalist, talented dancer, and tireless community supporter, the Abbey Duncan Brownfield Scholarship Program is an annual program designed to provide financial support to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers in the brownfield industry.
Join the New York City Brownfield Partnership
We invite you to become a member of the New York City Brownfield Partnership. You and your organization can make significant contributions to the New York City Brownfield Partnership. You will also benefit from the information, programs, and networking opportunities that the Partnership provides.