How to Nominate Your Project for a 2018 BABA
To be eligible, the project must:
- Be located within the five boroughs of New York City,
- Have been impacted by an environmental contamination issue,
- Have participated in an environmental remediation regulatory program, and
- Have received final regulatory signoff by December 31, 2017. Examples of final regulatory signoff include the following:
- Notice of Satisfaction
- Notice of Completion
- Certificate of Completion
- Declaration of Covenant Not to Sue
- “No Further Action” letter.
Once you have determined that your project is eligible, please complete the Nomination Form and send it using the “Submit Form” button on the last page. The Essay Guidelines should be used as a guide when filling out the form.
The deadline for receipt of all nomination materials is February 16, 2018.
General Information Regarding the 2018 BABAs
Nominations may be submitted by an individual, firm, non-profit group, or organization involved in the project; or by a third party with sufficient knowledge of the project. Projects that do not receive a Big Apple Brownfield Award are welcome to resubmit in subsequent years.
Nominations will be reviewed by a committee of the NYC Brownfield Partnership, and final selections will be approved by the Partnership’s Board of Directors. The decisions of the Board are final. Award winners will be contacted in March 2018.
Nominees should attempt to quantify and demonstrate measurable activities, effects, benefits, or improvements in their responses for each award category. Submissions that exceed the allotted space in the nomination may not be considered. Awards may not be given in all categories every year.