The mission of the New York City Brownfield Partnership is to provide leadership to the brownfield community throughout New York City by:
- Serving as a primary resource for information on brownfields and brownfields redevelopment in New York City.
- Advancing public awareness and understanding of benefits, opportunities, and best practices of brownfield redevelopment.
- Promoting excellence in brownfield redevelopment by honoring successful brownfield projects.
- Supporting the education and training of brownfield professionals, workers, and students.
- Fostering collaborative relationships among brownfield developers, property owners, government agencies, and community groups.
Who We Are
The NYC Brownfield Partnership is a NYS incorporated nonprofit organization. We are composed of partner organizations that include environmental consulting firms, environmental law organizations, environmental remediation contracting organizations, brownfield redevelopment organizations, and community-based organizations in New York City. Our Board of Directors is committed to providing the leadership necessary to accomplish our goals.
What We Do / How We Can Help You
In collaboration with the New York City Office of Environmental Remediation (OER), we serve as a resource to help:
- NYC Community Members better understand brownfield issues in their communities, as well as the benefits, opportunities, and best practices of brownfield redevelopment;
- The NYC development community better understand and navigate the process of re-developing vacant and underutilized land with known or potential environmental issues;
- Brownfield students support their education and gain experience in the brownfield industry; and
- Brownfield workers and professionals form collaborative relationships with others interested in brownfields.
We invite you to learn more about our programs, and if you would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.